Wednesday, June 11, 2008

We made it!

So, I haven't been able to blog in what feels like FOREVER!! We just got our internet set up tonight.

What a looooong week! We left last tuesday morning on our way to Michigan. Im so thankful my mom came with us. What a help! Boston did pretty well got a little restless at the end of our days. We stayed overnight in Nebraska, Omaha, Chicago and one last night in Livonia which is just about 15 mins from our new place. My mom did most of the driving in my car which was awesome. I hate driving!! (thanks mom!) Tim did really well in the U-haul everything arrived safely. Im so glad that was a one way trip. Im not a big fan of those long road trips.

So, we got to our apartment a little mix up with the date of our move on their end. We viewed the apartment we were originally going to take and not impressed. It hadn't been walked by the girls so it wasn't ready. Just the last thing we needed driving 4 days across the states and we needed a roof over our heads. They were really sweet with us and took good care of us. We ended up with a 3 bedroom apartment on the 2nd floor with brand new carpeting and they let us have it for the same price as what was orginally planned on the 2 bedroom. We got a sweet deal!

We're still decorating it and getting things put in their place. Once we have most stuff done I will post pics.

We do like it out here but im beginning to feel the lonliness of NO family. I dropped my mom off at the airport today. I pretty much cried ALL day. Mom, can't you just live with us! It was so much easier when she was here. She was my buddy and explored new places with me and helped me out so much with the apartment and with Boston. I sure hope we make some friends fast cause all I feel is lonliness today!!

I just have to say so far our new ward out here is AWESOME!!! Tim called our bishop 2days before we were supposed to be out here and asked if he could get us some help with our move into the apartment. We got call later that night from the Elders Quorom President and said they would take care of us. We had about 5 guys and 3 little guys plus Brad from Tim's work show up and help us out! (We were all moved in in about 1 1/2 hours) We realized the President had disappeared for a bit then he pulled back up with pizzas and gatorades and water for everyone. They were the sweetest guys we felt so welcome to this new ward. Also, The Relief Society brought us dinner the night of our move. That meant so much to us. Yesterday morning I got a call from the Relief Society and wanted to see if I was needing any help with anything. That was so thoughtful and if you knew our last ward you would know how much that means to us! We're excited to be here and know this is where we are supposed to be right now. I just know this ward is going to be a blessing to us!

Well, I will keep ya posted! I better get some comments from everyone! I need the love right now (SISTERS!!!!) I feel so homesick I need you guys!! I love you all and miss you so much! Give my love to all those boys too!

4 COMMENT(S):

Daniel and Whitney said...

I'm starting to realize you aren't coming back it kind of sucks!! I miss my sister!! I really could have used you this week!! I love you and miss you!

Sara Hadlow said...

i feel your pain. My sister and her husband moved to Chicago last August and she doesn't plan to ever come back :(. It takes a few months but she's been able to adjust. Several tears, daily phones calls and the webcam have become our life. Family is always just a phone call away.

Leigh said...

I'm glad you made it! I'll be honest, it took me a good year to get used to living away from everyone. But it sounds like you have a great ward, so i'm sure you will be able to handle the adjustment pretty quickly. You guys will make friends quick and they will become your new family.

I miss you! Love you tons!

natalie said...

I'm so glad to here that you made it safe, I've been waiting for you to post again-take care. Tell Tim that I recognize the pics of Luke. Take Care!

Zack's Music


September 7, 2005

Free Hit Counters